Concrete Finishing (ABC)
Concrete finishers help build highways, skyscrapers, houses and many other concrete structures. They finish flat surfaces such as floors, foundations and roadways, as well as vertical surfaces including walls, columns, beams and girders. WCTC ABC training center in Wisconsin offers apprentices top-notch training from highly skilled instructors. Concrete Finisher apprentices receive nine days of instruction in December and nine days in January.
The Concrete Finisher apprenticeship is in conjunction with Associated Building Contractors (ABC), Wisconsin chapter, a national trade association for the construction industry.
- Contact Associated Building Contractors (ABC) of Wisconsin, 5330 Wall Street, Madison, WI 53718
- Complete the ABC application packet, which will include qualifying test information.
- After application approval, a list of potential employers will be provided.
- Obtain employment for apprenticeship training; this is the responsibility of the individual seeking an apprenticeship.
- While WCTC provides related apprenticeship instruction, the student does not need to apply to the college.
- The State of Wisconsin oversees the apprenticeship system and will contact WCTC to set a class schedule.
- Wages of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.