IT Security Administrator
Building on a solid knowledge base of network infrastructure and the Linux operating system, develop specialized security skills to enhance IT careers. Take an in-depth look at security risks and threats to an organization’s data, and use a structured approach to address the safeguarding of critical electronic assets. Learn to implement security solutions using Cisco routers, switches and Adaptive Security Appliances. Use enhanced system tools, such as Power Shell and Bash, to automate system administration. Extensive hands-on labs build practical experience in configuring a variety of network operating systems, firewalls, virtual private networks (VPN), packet filters and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to maximize information security in the network. Prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- Some credits earned in the IT Security Administrator technical certificate may be applied toward IT degree and diploma programs within WCTC’s School of Business.
- The IT Security Administrator technical certificate is the fourth credential in the Network Specialist Pathway.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.