Mobile Device App Development
Explore the world of mobile device application development through hands-on course work creating applications for Apple’s iPad, iPhone and iPod, and devices that run Google’s Android system. Get an introduction to Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, iOS and the Android SDK. The unique capabilities of mobile devices, like the GPS, Accelerometer and SMS, will be utilized in applications. Create applications that interact with websites and databases, and learn how to create native iOS and Android applications as well as cross-platform mobile web applications.
- Those with at least one semester of coursework in Java or equivalent work experience will be well prepared to start this certificate program.
- Evening completion options are available.
- This specialty certificate complements many degree and diploma programs within the Information Technology area of WCTC’s School of Business.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.