Organizational Safety & Health
The Organizational Safety & Health Pathway Certificate is designed for people who wish to acquire and improve their own workplace and human resource skills, specifically with safety programs, organizational wellness initiatives, and assertiveness, time management, and stress management skills. All courses in this certificate may be applied toward the Human Resources associate degree program.
- Examine the impact of organizational health and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Analyze various organizational approaches to implementing health and wellness programs and the decision processes utilized.
- Analyze the financial impact of organizational health and wellness programs.
- Measure compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety and health regulations and policies.
- Use effective human relations techniques with regards to safety.
- Organize employee orientation/training programs.
- Organize safety inspections.
- Minimize the risk of chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards in the workplace.
- Develop personal skills strategies in relation to the workplace.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence appropriate for the workplace.
- Use principles of motivation and learning.
All NWTC Campuses and regional centers
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.