A property assessor or appraiser looks at a home or other property and estimates its value for financing insurance, tax, sales or related purposes. Assessors can be self-employed and work independently or they may work for the government. In this short-term certificate program, gain basic skills and knowledge needed to work in the property assessor field, including the fundamentals of real estate and property assessment, mass appraisal and Wisconsin assessment law. State recognized techniques and property valuation are included in the curriculum.
- Evening completion options are available for this certificate.
- Some credits earned in Property Assessment may be applied toward degree and diploma programs within WCTC’s School of Business.
- The short-term certificate complements many degree and diploma programs within the School of Business.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.