Sustainable Farm to Table: Modern Meat Production
The Sustainable Farm to Table: Modern Meat Production program at Madison College offers you a unique opportunity to learn about the entire lifecycle of an animal from an agricultural, meat production and culinary arts perspective.
As a student in the Sustainable Farm to Table program you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about farm practices in class and on the farm where you will explore livestock terminology, selection and care.
- Apply the pasture-to-plate philosophy in Madison College’s state-of-the-art culinary and meat production facility as well as manage all aspects of our retail butcher shop. In the butcher shop you will identify, inspect and process carcasses, as well as prepare and package meat for sale, and interact with customers.
- Design menus, determine ingredient sourcing and prepare for the ServSafe credential.
The Sustainable Farm to Table: Modern Meat Production program applies the same guiding principles as local, established farm-to-table practitioners: integrity, honesty, consciousness, creativity, responsibility, respect and social commitment. If you have a background or interest in farming, meat production or culinary arts and are committed to integrating these guiding principles into your work, you would be an ideal candidate for this program.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.