Transfers within systems
- The NEW Universal Credit Transfer Agreement between Wisconsin's Technical Colleges and the University of Wisconsin System allows technical college students to transfer 30 credits of specified core general education courses into any University of Wisconsin College or University.
- Wisconsin’s technical colleges are leading the expansion of degree holders in our state by developing more than 1,100 program-to-program transfer agreements with four-year public and private colleges and universities. This makes the associate degree increasingly accepted and widely used to access bachelor degree programs.
Recent news on transfer agreements
- Colorado State Univ.-Global partners with Wisconsin's Technical Colleges for bachelor's - May 5, 2015
- Ottawa University partners with Gateway on low cost bachelor's degrees - March 9, 2015
- WCTC partners with Ottawa University to offer low cost bachelor's degrees - February 26, 2015
- UW-Stout and Lakeshore Technical College sign Golf Management Program transfer agreement - November 29, 2014
- Northcentral Technical College teams up with Northland College on Business Degree - August 14, 2014
- UW-SP, Nicolet College Develop Elementary Education Transfer Agreement - May 1, 2014
- Stritch, WCTC form credit transfer partnership - March 25, 2014
- Some WCTC grads getting full credit in Concordia bachelor's programs - October 14, 2013
- New agreement means more Gateway students can transfer to UW-Parkside - September 26, 2013
- Upper Iowa University and WCTC sign articulation agreement - August 6, 2103
- UWP, SWTC, Nicolet College reach transfer agreement - July 16, 2013
- Madison College, UW-Whitewater to sign business, communications articulation agreements - April 23, 2013
- UW-Parkside, Gateway expand dual enrollment - January 6, 2013
- UWO, FVTC collaborate on new aviation management emphasis - July 10, 2012
- Marian and FVTC sign articulation agreement - April 17, 2012
- Deal lets NTC students transfer to UW-Green Bay - April 22, 1011
- NTC, UWSP sign degree transfer deals - November 29, 2010
- Culinary Arts credits transfer from Nicolet College to UW-Stout - November 11, 2010
- Mount Mary, WCTC enter transfer agreement - July 9, 2010
- UWSP signs cooperative learning agreement with tech colleges for early childhood degree - June 24, 2010
- UW-RF to Partner with NTC to Provide Dairy Science Education - May 12, 2010
- Gateway, Mount Mary sign transfer agreement - December 10, 2009
A New Type of “Graduate” Degree
More than 10,000 individuals who have bachelor’s degrees from four-year colleges and universities are enrolled in programs at the 16 Wisconsin technical colleges at any given time and over 35,000 with bachelor’s degrees are taking individual courses at our colleges.
A recently conducted Florida study showed that new four-year graduates who also hold an associate’s degree earned over $2,000 a year more, on average, than students who had taken the traditional four-year college track.
Studies by the American Association of Community Colleges show students transferring from a community college to a four-year university are more likely to earn a bachelor’s degree than students who begin their education at the four-year university – because of the high drop out rate of freshmen at four-year universities.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredit all Wisconsin technical colleges. That’s the same authority that accredits the UW System schools.