Transfer Opportunities

Transferring to Four-Year Colleges

Many of the technical colleges have articulation (transfer) agreements with four-year private colleges and universities in the University of Wisconsin System. These agreements may contain course-to-course equivalencies, while others provide for a total program transfer.

View the transfer agreements listed by technical college.

Explore credit transfer between the Wisconsin Technical College System and UW System at the Transfer Information System (TIS) website.

Note: To optimize your credit transfer, it is highly recommended that you talk to an admissions counselor or academic advisor while planning your credit transfer.

Transferring Credits into the Technical Colleges

If you have attended another postsecondary institution, you may be able to transfer credits into your Wisconsin technical college. You may also be granted credit for skills and knowledge you've acquired if they are equal to your chosen technical college's curriculum. This "advanced standing" may be based on previous coursework in high school or college, work experience, Youth Options, Youth Apprenticeship, military training, independent study, apprenticeship or other courses. It is important to check with a college advisor for specific information and approval of credit transfers.