Six Easy Steps to becoming a Futuremaker
Still not sure what you want to be when you grow up? Or, are you in a job that doesn’t feel right for you? Whether you are 18 or 58 you can find out more about which careers might be a good fit for you by using the Career Interest Questionnaire. Your future starts here.
- Career Counseling - After filling out the questionnaire and receiving the results, visit your local Wisconsin Technical College. Meet with a career counselor to discuss your interests, qualifications and requirements for the careers that interest you.
- Choose your career interest and program major – Wisconsin’s Technical Colleges offer 300 program majors to choose from. You may want to consider training and job openings in your community.
- Apply online or on paper to one of the 16 technical colleges. There is a $30 application fee. Contact the local technical college for application deadlines for your particular program.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. After you receive your acceptance letter you can begin this process. For general information about federal student aid programs, consult “Student Aid on the Web” sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Register for classes at your college. (Consult your college’s course schedule.)
- Experience hands-on learning. Our instructors have real workplace experience and are experts in their field. You’ll use the latest technology.
These few simple steps will open the door to your true passion and to a rewarding career and life.