Mold Making Apprentice
Mold Makers make and repair molds used to make plastic injected parts. Mold Makers often use manual and CNC machine to make molds that will then be used to mass produce plastic parts.
Mold makers usually work in tool rooms. These areas are quieter than the production floor because there are fewer machines in use at one time. They wear protective equipment; such as, safety glasses to shield against bits of flying metal and earplugs to protect against noise. They spend much of the day on their feet and may do moderately heavy lifting.
- 5-year training program
- 10,400 hours on-the-job training
- 576 hours paid related instruction
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.