Software Developer Apprentice
Software developers analyze user needs and develop software solutions. They create, develop, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs, often customizing them for client use and aiming to optimize operational efficiency. They may analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Software developers generally work in an office environment. They may have to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines and resolve problems and may be required to travel to meet with clients. They spend a majority of their time using computers and viewing computer monitors.
- 2-year training program
- 3,675 hours of on-the-job learning
- 360 hours of paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction as may be required
- Meet entry requirements of employer (varies)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants apply directly to participating employers
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.