The Counseling Certificate has been developed for individuals in programs that rely heavily on human behavioral and communication skills. Provides learners with fundamental skills in interviewing, communicating, and building rapport and trusting relationships for professions where this is key. Equips learners for careers that work with the public. It can also be a valuable add-on for advanced skills with law enforcement, medical, health care, business, marketing, and customer service. Potential occupations include: Crisis Technicians, Residential Care Assistants in Mental Health, Residential Care Assistants in Developmental Disabilities, Youth Shelter Home Technicians, Hospice Advocates, and Domestic Abuse Advocates.
- Hospice Advocate
- Domestic Abuse Advocate
- Residential Care Assistant in Mental Health
- Residential Care Assistant in Developmental Disabilities
- Youth Shelter Home Technician
- Crisis Technician
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.