ECE: Autism Certificate
Child care teachers, instructional assistants, teachers, parents, relatives and caregivers will learn how to support individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Learn strategies and techniques to promote educational and social success in individuals who have been diagnosed with a Pervasive Developmental Disorder such as autism.
Certificate Completers will be able to
- Discriminate between the various diagnoses collectively known as Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
- Analyze the impact of early intervention on children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Examine strategies in reducing negative behaviors in persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Foster play and friendship for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Explore teaching methods, adaptations, and modifications for learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Examine functional living skills and vocational support for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Early Childhood
- Green Bay
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.