Industrial Wiring Certificate
Introduces students with little or no background to the fundamentals of electrical motor control components, circuits and systems found in industrial and manufacturing settings. Topics include electrical control symbols, ladder diagrams, power distribution, control transformers, relays, motor starters, limit switches, pushbuttons, selector switches, timers, ac motor principles, proximity sensors, photo eyes and basic troubleshooting of power and control circuits. The certificate prepares students to design PLC circuits, address inputs (contacts) and outputs (coils), work with PLC numbering system, timers, counters, math functions, analog input/outputs, and PLC wiring.
Courses are directly transferable to Moraine Park’s Electricity technical diploma if students wish to further their education in this field.
- Apprentice Industrial Electrician
- Electrical Control Technician
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- West Bend
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.