Introduction to Health Careers
Introduction to Health Careers helps familiarize students with the various roles and responsibilities in health careers and help them decide on a career direction. This general health studies certificate is designed to help students develop soft skills, organizational methods and self-management techniques critical to jobs in the health professions.
Technical courses within the certificate lead into these healthcare pathway technical diploma programs:
In addition to the credit courses offered in the certificate program, students participate in bridge support work. Bridges help support future learning and strengthen skills in reading, writing and math as these subjects relate to technical courses.
- Some credits earned in the certificate and diploma programs may be applied to other programs offered within the School of Health.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school health courses.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.