This 10 credit certificate introduces students to basic maintenance functions of automated manufacturing, including interpretation of engineering drawings, laws of mechanics and principles of physics, physical laws of compression, operation of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and diagnostics, troubleshooting, and interfacing the PLC to other controls, networks, and devices. With proper use of electives, all courses in this certificate may be applied to the Automated Manufacturing Systems Technician associate degree.
- maintenance technicians
- maintenance supervisors
- managers in technically-oriented companies
- industrial technicians
This is a non-credit certificate
Offered at this College:
- LakeView Advanced Technology Center
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.