Agribusiness Science & Technology - Animal Science
Specialize in the animal side of the farm operation. Prepare for the field of marketing, sales and production of animal products, and animal management operations.
As a student in the Agribusiness Science & Technology - Animal Science program, you'll learn about: animal nutrition and health, livestock housing, meat and milk quality, reproduction, and animal selection and improvement
You may also take courses in agribusiness management to prepare for managerial careers in agriculture.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.
Graduates obtain positions in a wide variety of specialty areas, and there is a vast amount of potential for those who have mid-management or upper-management career aspirations. The demand in this field is expected to remain high for several years in such jobs as:
- Sales Representative: Solicits and communicates with potential customers and follows up to assure customer satisfaction.
- Service Representative: Samples and analyzes soils and feeds and recommends corrective measures.
- Manager Trainee: Works in areas of sales, promotion, personnel, and administration.
- Crop Specialist: Works with farmers in evaluating crops, recommending alternative practices and chemicals.