Automation Systems Technology
Interested in building robots or creating automated systems to efficiently perform repetitive tasks? Automated systems have become the standard in many industries to provide reliable ways to program and control machine movements. The Automation Systems Technology (AST) program focuses on the integration of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and robotic methods. Learn about robotics, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) the principles of automation and how they apply to multiple businesses and industries, and develop skills to work with complex computers and machinery in automated production lines.
- Prepare for jobs such as automated systems technician, controls technician, system designer or field service technician.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school Project Lead the Way courses.
- Select program credits may transfer to other institutions.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.
Automated Systems Technician
Field Service Technician