The leisure and hospitality industry includes full-service hotels and resorts, fine-dining restaurants, bed and breakfast inns, cruise ships, theme and amusement parks, casinos and more. The Hospitality Specialist program focuses on supervision, budgeting, marketing and purchasing skills.
- Prepare for jobs such as front desk supervisor, event planner, dining room manager, guest services coordinator or reservations manager.
- Completers of this program will also earn the ServSafe Food Production Manager certification.
- International study tours and internship opportunities are available to further broaden knowledge and experiences in the hospitality field. In the past, students have traveled to Italy, France, England and Germany.
- Credits earned in the 30-credit Hospitality Specialist technical diploma program may be applied to the 69-credit Hospitality Management Associate of Applied Science degree.
- The Hospitality and Culinary Club promotes professionalism among members, develops and uses resources and talents to increase members’ knowledge of the hospitality/culinary industry, and improves human relations through club and industry interaction.
- As a complement to the Hospitality Specialist program, several short-term certificates are available within the School of Business.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.