This embedded technical diploma provides developmental knowledge and skills for a manufacturing technician to evaluate hardware documentation, perform laboratory procedures, inspect products, measure process performance, record data, and prepare formal reports.
The learner will apply common quality and lean tools, examine tool applications, and be able to participate in quality improvement projects. Technical skills will be developed in math, quality fundamentals, lean fundamentals, print specifications, quality standards, and coordinate measurement inspection tools.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to apply their credits to the Manufacturing Engineering Technologist Associate Degree program.
You will gain the following skills:
- Application of Inspection Procedures
- Application of Technical Standards
- Application of Test Procedures
- Enhancement of Reporting Skills
- Operation of Inspection Equipment
- Quality Systems Management
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.
First Article Inspector
Quality Control Inspector