Students enrolled in this pathway certificate will improve their computer skills as well as learn about their important role as the "face" of any organization.
Principle responsibilities associated with receptionist include the following:
- Operate telephone to answer or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment and determine nature of visit.
- Schedule and maintain appointments.
- Create presentations and word processed documents.
- File and maintain records.
- Receive payments and record receipts for services.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
Credits earned in the Receptionist Pathway Certificate may be applied toward the Administrative Professional two-year associate degree.
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.