Substance Abuse Counselor Education
This program is a pre-approved comprehensive education program for Substance Abuse Counselors per the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Human Services – Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Associate Degree program.
- Clinically evaluate for substance use disorders and treatment needs
- Develop treatment plans
- Facilitate referral to meet needs
- Demonstrate case management skills
- Demonstrate counseling skills with individuals, groups and families
- Provide culturally relevant education related to substance abuse
- Document and maintain clinical records according to agency, federal and state guidelines
- Adhere to accepted ethical and behavior conduct
These icons may appear next to a college name:
- Program is part of a stackable pathway at this college. Click icon for career pathways rep.
- Program transfers from this college to other institutions.* Click icon for college transfer info.
- Program can be completed entirely online at this college.
Substance Abuse Counselor