W I S C O N S I N T E C H N I C A L C O L L E G E S Y S T E M | 1 1 3 WAYS TO TRANSFER TO A UNIVERSITY 01 PROGRAM-TO-PROGRAM TRANSFER AGREEMENTS Technical colleges have hundreds of transfer agreements with four-year universities specific to a program or major area of study. FOR EXAMPLE Electrical Engineering Technology (associate degree) earned at Fox Valley Technical College or Northeast Wisconsin Technical College transfers directly into Electrical Engineering Technology (bachelor’s degree) at UW-Green Bay with junior status. Also, the Nursing Associate Degree earned at any of the 16 technical colleges transfers into the bachelor’s of Nursing Degree with junior status at either UW-Milwaukee or UW-Oshkosh. 02 UNIVERSAL CREDIT TRANSFER This transfer goal allows a core set of courses taken at technical colleges to satisfy 30 credits or more of general education or elective degree requirements at four-year UW institutions (the list comprises courses totaling 47 credits). That’s well over two semesters worth of credits at a university. FOR EXAMPLE The Psychology course taken at a technical college transfers into UW-Stevens Point as Psychology 110 or to UW-Eau Claire as Psychology 100; Algebra and Trigonometry from a technical college transfers to UW-Superior as Precalculus Math 115 or to UW-Platteville as Precalculus Math 2480. 03 LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGE TRANSFER PROGRAM Five of the 16 technical colleges (Chippewa Valley, Milwaukee Area, Nicolet, Madison and Western) offer the first two years of liberal arts courses in the comfort of a technical college campus. We strongly recommend you secure the transfer agreement with the institution you intend to transfer to. Common_pages 02_16_WTCS_2017_FINAL.indd 11 7/25/17 3:36 PM