Wisconsin Veterans: You are welcome here
“Your mission is to get through school. You can do that with the help of the tech college team.” Jennifer Ross, Army National Guard and 2014 graduate of NWTC
Wisconsin’s technical colleges stand ready to serve you. Thank you for serving our country. In response, we want to help you reach your education goals and find a new civilian career.
Advantages of Wisconsin’s Technical Colleges for veterans:
- Allow you to receive training and find employment quickly.
- Can maximize credits you have received from your military service and allow you to transfer to a four-year college or university sooner.
- Smaller class sizes help you learn and gain confidence in a higher education setting.
- Technical colleges generally have a more diverse population with a more mature student body. Our average age is 34 years old.
- Technical colleges offer flexible learning options and scheduling so you can work around work and family duties.
Wisconsin’s technical colleges offer veterans the following resources:
- Priority enrollment
- Veteran Certifying Officials
- Career Coaching
- Academic Advising
- Disability Services
- Veterans Clubs
Did you know?
Under the Wisconsin GI Bill, qualifying veterans and their eligible spouses and children can qualify for remission of up to 128 credits (or 8 semesters, which ever is longer). This includes program fees/tuition and material fees for courses leading to an associate degree, liberal arts transfer degree or career/technical diploma.
Spouses and children of eligible spouses must be residents for tuition purposes and be the surviving spouse or child of an eligible Wisconsin veteran.
Not sure where to start?
Visit your local college website to connect with the Veteran Certifying Official. He or she will ensure your benefits will take care of your needs while you attend college and get you started on the path to your new career. The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs website has benefit information available as well.