Get free help filling out the FAFSA at a College Goal Wisconsin event near you
Any student planning on going to college in the fall of 2020 who is considering financial aid should complete the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). Every college requires the FAFSA in order for a student to be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, grants, low-interest student loans, college work study programs and scholarships based on income. Since some financial aid is on a first-come, first-served basis, students have a better chance of getting more financial aid the sooner they apply.
College Goal Wisconsin aims to assist these students and their families in the timely completion of the FAFSA by offering free help and expert advice at various workshops around the state.
Event dates and locations
This year, College Goal Wisconsin events will take place at over 40 sites in Wisconsin on various dates throughout October and early November. All events start at 6 p.m. To find a location near you, check out the complete list of events.
What to bring
You will need the following items in order to complete your 2019-20 FAFSA. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items from your parent(s).
- 2018 Federal Tax Return and W2s
- 2018 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Social Security Number
- Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Date of birth for parents
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation