Get help completing the FAFSA at a College Goal Wisconsin event near you
Photo courtesy of College Goal Wisconsin
All students planning on going to college starting in the fall of 2018 should be filling out the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). Every college requires the FAFSA in order for a student to be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, grants, low-interest student loans, college work study programs and scholarships based on income. Since some financial aid is on a first-come, first-serve basis, students have a better chance of getting more financial aid the sooner they apply.
College Goal Wisconsin aims to assist these students and their families in the timely completion of the FAFSA by offering free help and expert advice at various workshops around the state.
Event dates and locations
This year, College Goal Wisconsin events will take place at over 40 sites in Wisconsin on various dates throughout October and early November. All events start at 6 p.m. To find a location near you, check out the complete list of events.
What to bring
You will need the following items in order to complete your 2018-19 FAFSA. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items for your parent(s).
- 2016 Federal Tax Return and W2s
- 2016 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Date of birth for parents
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation
In addition to receiving help filling out the FAFSA, scholarships totaling over $30,000 will be awarded. Each event location will draw a scholarship winner. Recipients will be notified of selection by December 15.